When using the visitors function you can download your visitors data. Variables include:
- First login date
- Number of logins
- Location Name
- Login type
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of birth
You can choose to send broadcast mails via your own email provider such as Mailchimp, or send visitors emails via the SO Connect dashboard. In case of the latter, we recommend you do not download your data but keep it safely stored in the dashboard.
In order to access your data, you must agree with the terms as stated on the page, due to the General Data Protection Regulation law. Read more about it in the article: Visitor Tab Agreements.
Once agreed, take to following steps:
- First, select the location for which you wish to download information
- Select the time period for which you want to download information
- Choose login type
- If relevant, select the gender
- If relevant, apply age range
- It's recommended to download only the language in which you intend to deliver your marketing messages
- If you want to send a special message to your most loyal customers, check the "Only Returning Visitors" box.
- Select Download if you wish to download the data
- Select only show first login per user (this will generate a list of unique email addresses). But keep in mind that the number is than lower than the amount of WIFI logins (one user logs in multiple times will be counted as one email address)
- Select semi-colon separated file
- The download will start automatically now
- A yellow notification (in the top) will show that the email address used to login to the dashboard will receive an email with a link to the downloadable data export. Depending on the size of the data export it can take some time. Sit back and relax, you'l get an email once the report is ready.
- If you're running just a small report a trick is to refresh the page to see if you can actually download the report already. Processing will then change into the data export that will be visible, click to download it. If refreshing does not change the Processing state, it means that the report is still being created (gathering all data).
- Open the email and click on the link
- Download your report
Step 1 until 8
Options for data download
Step 9 and 11
You can either download the file separated by comma's or separated by columns (blue outlined button). As default we have selected to only show profiles once (first login) with the amount of logins added in a column. You may also choose to download the list populated by all logins (this will cause duplicate email addresses.
We're crunching the numbers and data for you. This may take some time, we advise you to close this window, we'll inform you via email (also check SPAM) once the report is ready to download. Once we received the request, we'll crunch all the data at that moment.
Once the file is ready to download we'll email you with the link to download the report. This may take a long while whenever you have lots of data and/or are an old client.