In this article, we will teach you how to change the look and feel of your portal.
The standard layout of your login portal is as follows.
You can easily change your look and feel by following these steps.
1. Navigate to WIFI Marketing > Settings. This will take you to your location overview page.
2. Select the location for which you want to edit the cover photo. If you manage multiple locations, you can easily find it by entering the first two letters of the location name in the search bar.
1) WIFI Login portal settings
Select "Settings" from the top navigation:
Portal text: The settings are automatically prefilled based on your Google My Business information. However, you can change the following information shown in the login portal via the following section (see screenshot below):
- Portal display name - Location name shown in login portal
- Portal Display description - About us section in login portal
- Portal display phone - Phone number shown in portal
- Portal display website - Website shown in login portal
Remember to hit the Save button (lower right of the screen) to update your settings.
Opening hours: If you wish to only offer WIFI during opening hours, please add your opening hours here. We advise to increase the range of the WIFI opening times (larger that actual opening times). Outside opening hours it will not be possible to make use of your WIFI. Users will be shown a notification and your actual opening hours.
WIFI Network name(s): You can change your WIFI network name in the settings overview page. You may also enable or disable a Office network (no login portal) and choose your password.
Again, remember to save your settings after your changes.
2) Timeline cover photo
Select "Timeline Cover" from the top navigation:
Your cover photo will be synched to that of your connected Google My Business account (old locations are still synced with Facebook). If you wish to use a custom image, you can select a cover photo here for your login portal
← Minimum width for uploaded image is 768 pixels →
3) Login methods and landing page
Select "Social Media" from the top navigation:
In order to activate a channel, press the pencil icon next to the field that corresponds with the platform you wish to connect.
Fill out the ID that corresponds with the platform you wish to connect
- Facebook: Login only is recommended. Whenever you wish to capture Likes and Check-Ins you can do so in the Login type section.
- Google: Just enable or disable the login option. SO Connect highly recommends this option, since it will capture validated email addresses including first and last name.
- Email: We advise you to enable an Email login option, specifically for customers that don't have or want to use their social media profile. Select how visual the e-mail login may be (Large button, or text link under the large login buttons). Then select if you wish to capture more info (disabled, optional or mandatory).
- Instagram:Just copy/paste the URL of your profile, select check and hit apply. Don't forget to save your info afterwards to add it to the login portal.
- LinkedIn: Just copy/paste the URL of your company profile, select check and hit apply. Don't forget to save your info afterwards to add the login option to your login portal.
- Twitter: Just copy/paste the URL of your profile, select check and hit apply. Don't forget to save your info afterwards to add it to the login portal.
VK.com: Just copy/paste the URL of your profile, select check and hit apply. Don't forget to save your info afterwards to add it to the login portal.
* Some platforms might not capture an email address, if you wish to prevent this, select the "E-mail is mandatory for all logins" option. Choosing this will complicate the login experience for your customers.
Landing page: The landing page is the final page in which your WIFI user will end after finishing the login process. This can be the webpage of your business, page to leave a Google Review, Menu, discount or whatsoever.
NOTE: Remember you need to save all the changes before leaving the page. If you want to check the changes you can click "Test" in the top menu to check if your Login portal looks like you imagined.