With SO Connect you can create and send all kinds of promotions, offers, communications and newsletters. These actions are commonly called 'email marketing campaigns'. To succeed with this type of communication you must be very careful with the content of what you are going to promote and also with the format.
We want to give you some tips so that your messages will successfully be delivered and will create the desired effect.
- Be clear about the purpose of your email: think very carefully about what you are going to communicate. Is it an offer, promotion, newsletter with information about an event or a new menu? Once this is decided, choose the appropriate option of our system.
- Communicate, don’t exaggerate: Avoid exclamation marks and excessive use of the words OFFER, PROMOTION, FREE, DISCOUNT etc. This will have an effect on spam triggers.
- More text than images: Implement fun and attractive images, but do not forget to include text. Domains usually classify as spam when many e-mails have no text and only include images.
Above all, avoid any of these words in the e-mail subject and e-mail body:
- Make your promotions interesting, with a personalized intriguing e-mail subject. Do not share expired or false offers, also be careful when selecting the dates in the filters tab so you don’t send wrong information.
- Use templates we provide to make sure the e-mail looks good
- When adding links (URL's), check them before inserting them. People do not usually give second chances to emails.
- Send your emails at 'normal' hours. The most recommended hours are between 08:00AM and 21:00PM
- If you want to create a Birthday campaign, we highly recommend creating two emails. Send the first one some weeks in advance and the second as a 'friendly reminder' two days before. This way you will have more chances to be taken into account by your guests for their celebrations.
- Remember that for your email to be successful you must offer the customer an added value, what's in it for them?